Shariff Ibrahim Albani,
Philanthropist and Peace & Unity Advocate
For more than 20 years, no Muslim has been a part of the Senate of the Philippines.
With the rise of the Mindanao conflict; civic leader and businessman Shariff Ibrahim Albani is determined to break the streak to bring peace, unity and autonomous growth in Mindanao.
Experienced Idealism and Action
Shariff Albani, or usually known as SIA, is not just an idealist as he goes out of his way to fulfill his vision of peace and prosperity.In his home region at Mindanao, he makes sure that a gun ban is enforced during elections. He is an avid supporter of safe elections in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao and also stands for the de-armament of its private armed groups.
Champion of Mindanao Autonomy
He supports the Bangsamoro Basic Law that can allow the people of Mindanao to govern themselves, as well as federalism, which will support the programs and projects needed to handle autonomy.
Born in the fearsome but beautiful Tawi-Tawi, Albani embraced the pride and values of his Muslim heritage. Though a firm believer of traditional Islamic culture in instilling morals, he aims for the peace and reconciliation between different beliefs. His goal is to bring people out of poverty and provide them better opportunities through innovation and education.
“Peace, unity, national reconciliation & education are essential elements in all modern societies. Our beloved country must build a progressive and developed nation while preserving its religious values and cultural traditions.” -Shariff Ibrahim Albani
Shariff Ibrahim Albani holds 30 years of successful experience of providing strategic and operational leadership in uniquely challenging situations.
Even though Albani saw the riches of Mindanao and acquired the discipline to run effective businesses, Albani leaned more to his sense of morality.
A true diplomat who understands the power of communication, Albani is fluent in different languages and dialects. Such as Colloquial Spanish, English, Tagalog and Bisaya.
Unity for Revival Foundation
Albani is also the founder of Unity for Revival Foundation. This advocacy group aims for swift resolution of Mindanao conflicts with peace to be the primary concern of the national government. They host the “Peace and Unity Awards” to individuals and groups who’ve contributed for peace in Philippines and other conflict-ridden areas.
Peace and Unity: The Means and the End
Albani continues his campaign for the unity of Christians, Muslims and indigenous people. He believes people from different cultures and walks of life who are working together, are the true key to national progress.
Envision, people united for peace and progress. If you stand for this, vote for Albani to be our senator for 2019.
AGE: 46 YEAR’S OLD
BIRTHDAY: JANUARY 14, 1972
PLACE OF BIRTH: BONGAO, TAWI-TAWI
CIVIL STATUS: MARRIED
MOTHER’S NAME: SABDATUL H. ALBANI
FATHERS’ NAME: ARABANI ALBANI
HONORARY DOCTORATE DEGREE IN HUMANITIES – INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY FOR LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT EDMOND, OKLAHOMA U.S.A
MASTER DEGREE IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION 1999 – MANUEL L. QUEZON UNIVERSITY, MANILA
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CRIMINOLOGY 1994 – UNIVERSIDAD DE ZAMBOANGA
POSITIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Unity for Revival Foundation – Founding Chairman and President
- SIA EXPONENTIALS CORPORATION – Founding Chairman and CEO
- FOSSNER – Executive Director Finance
- TAISAY GROUP – Corporate Finance, Investment & Treasury
- KWONG ON MINERALS TRADING CORPORATION – President, Philippine Branch
- PHILRUS MINERALS TRADING CORPORATION- Chairman
- INTERNATIONAL MOVEMENT ON PEACE, UNITY AND RECONCILIATION – Founding Chairman
- Former Senatorial Aspirant, Representative of the Muslim in the Senate 2016
- President – Indigenous Group of Industry, Manila
- Anak-Sug Association – External Vice President for Region IX
- Former Senatorial Aspirant, KBL
- Muslim-Mindanao Poor Association – President
- Muslim-Christian United Association – Adviser
- Sultanate of Sulu & North Borneo – Senior Adviser on Foreign Investment of the Office of the Secretary-General
- Sons & Daughters of Philippine Veterans Legion – Mindanao Commander
- Christian – Muslim in Lumad Association – National Adviser
- H-World United Military Government – National Lecturer